First Lady Melania Trump Reveals Son Barron Also Had Coronavirus

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Add to favorites
  • Email

First lady Melania Trump wrote in a statement Wednesday that her son with President Trump, 14-year-old Barron, contracted the coronavirus this month at the same time both of his parents were ill. Mrs. Trump said she had experienced a “roller coaster of symptoms,” which she described as “minimal” and added, “Naturally my mind went immediately to our son. To our great relief he tested negative, but again, as so many parents have thought over the past several months, I couldn’t help but think ‘what about tomorrow or the next day?’ My fear came true when he was tested again and it came up positive.”

The First Lady praised the medical care the first family received, saying it made her “even more grateful and in awe of caretakers and first responders everywhere. I was very fortunate as my diagnosis came with minimal symptoms, though they hit me all at once and it seemed to be a roller coaster of symptoms in the days after,” she said. “I experienced body aches, a cough and headaches, and felt extremely tired most of the time. I chose to go a more natural route in terms of medicine, opting more for vitamins and healthy food.”

Mrs. Trump said she has since tested negative and hopes to resume her duties as soon as possible. In addition to the president, his wife, and their teenage son, about 20 people close to the president and three Republican senators tested positive. Many were at a Rose Garden ceremony late last month to announce the nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.

Barron Trump had COVID-19, has tested negative again: first lady

Via www.upi.com
 

Editorial credit: Evan El-Amin / Shutterstock.com